Mama Mia! Healing Herbal Sitz Bath
After 9 (more like 10) long months, your bundle of joy has arrived...and apart from falling in love with your new arrival, you may also be experiencing feelings of severe OW! from an episiotomy, C-section wound or even 'just' the demands that labour and delivery have placed on your body. Time for a healing bath, Mama!
Sitz baths are recommended by health care professionals as a way to provide soothing relief and speed recovery. Our special blend of herbs and sea salts is designed to do just that. All the herbs have been carefully selected for their soothing, healing and anti-infection properties, and sea salt of course conditions skin and promotes healing.
There are 5 main ways to use this wonderful herbal sitz bath:
1. Remove sachet from plastic bag and place in the tub under hot running water. Bathe as usual, being sure to keep affected areas submerged for at least 20 minutes.
2. Purchase a plastic sitz bath basin that fits over your toilet. Brew a single bag of sitz bath in about 2L of boiling water. Let steep for 15 minutes and cool till the liquid reaches a tolerably warm temperature. Pour into the sitz basin and soak for 10 minutes.
3. Brewing as per the instructions in #2 above, pour the cooled liquid into a Peri bottle to provide soothing relief when going to the washroom.
4. Brewing as per the instructions in #2 above, moisten some cotton pads or paper towels with the cooled liquid. Seal in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate for cooling relief when using the washroom, or as needed.
5. Wound healing herbs are great for baby's cord care, too! Dip a Q-tip or cotton pad into the cooled liquid to moisten the cord area once or twice a day and speed drying/healing.
Of course, a healing sitz bath is great for discomfort and pain caused by other conditions, like hemorrhoids, IBS or bladder infections; the act of sitting in the water increases blood flow and cleans the area, while the herbs help prevent infection and promote healing.
Bath sachets are a no-mess way to enjoy your favourite bath additives without making soup in the tub or worrying about clogged drains. Simply discard the paper tea bag after using.
IF YOU LIKE
Enjoying your baby without the pain, not taking Percocet, clean dry underpants, getting back on your feet again, doing something good for your body, yoga, herbal tea, midwives, ancient lore, natural remedies, putting your oxygen mask on first and getting well soon, we recommmend you try the full 7-day course of Mama Mia! Sitz Baths and add some healing Mom time to what can be a very busy and bewildering first week.
Organically grown or wildcrafted: Common comfrey, uva ursi, witch hazel (dried herb), white yarrow. Lavender buds, calendula petals. Sea salt. May contain: Shepherd's Purse, Raspberry Leaf (subject to availability).
Mamma Mia by ABBA
SELF CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Use it up! Handmade doesn't last forever...so pamper yourself now, rather than saving your bath and body care products for a special occasion a year from now :)